I am so tired of getting the same stupid comments about all-time record temperature counts.
The algorithm is :
- Set the record to -99 degrees
- Set the date to January 1
- Start at the first year.
- If the current year ties the record, add the year to the list
- If the current year beats the record, empty the list, set the new record, add the year to the empty list
- Increment the year – go to step 4
- Repeat 1-6 for the other 365 days of the year
It makes no difference if the algorithm is run forwards or backwards, you always end up with the same list of one or more years which matched the all-time record. If a year was not the hottest in the entire time series, it doesn’t get a record.
Now please stop being morons about this. The 1930s were much more extreme. Deal with…
View original post 1 more word